Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Why I'm doing this??

Oh Geez... I dunno...

I've been sewing off & on for years, since I was a pre-teen I suppose....  I've always been fascinated with fashion design and sewing, even took a few classes but never pursued anything major...  I'd stop sewing for a few years and pick it up again....   I'd classify my expertise as sophomoric...  I remember a lot, forgot even more and though I hate to admit it, I have a LONG way to go before being considered good....

Thanks to 99 cent sales, I have a rack of patterns....  Unfortunately, living in the boonies, I have very limited access to decent fabric.....  There's G Street Fabrics down in metro-DC.. but they are UBER-expensive...   but at least it's quality stuff....  Otherwise, I have Hancock's...  not exactly close but it can be an on-the-way-home-from-work trip... mediocre  to decent quality fabrics... pretty good sales, and I ONLY buy on sale....  and then there is the bottom of the barrel JoAnn's...  YUCK to the umph degree ( though I gotta give em credit cuz they were the only shop in this neck of the woods with Ravens fleece....   Speaking of.....

2 weeks ago I made my youngest sons some PJs....  well I made the pants, the tops still aren't finished...  and thus I now have begun a pile of unfinished projects.... Sounds like a pro move if ya ask me....

Anyhoo, Q is a Steelers fan like me, so I must finish his top before the SuperBowl on Sunday.... Smiley has some Raven's PJs for me to finish as well... and now my oldest son, Duke, wants some Dallas Cowboys PJs though he is a Colts fan....   <sigh<  I will get to his hopefully this weekend as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment