Friday, March 6, 2009

Sew-a-longs

so on www.patternreview.com , I've joined 2 sew-a-longs...   this should be both fun & educational....  I'm still sticking to easy patterns though...

The 1st is "one-garment-a-month"...   I really thought this would be easy but I'm finding the time and the days slipping by so fast.  My initial plan was to sew 3 times a week for 2 hours each time, that way I could get out 3 or 4 garments a month...... and here we are at March 6th...  I sewed on Sunday March 1st  for 2 hours and ain't had time to even look at my sewing machine since.... it ain't looking so well.... I will get my 2 hours in today though.

http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingDiscussions/topic/36954

My 1st garment is B4557, view F

I'm using a bright yellow cotton that's been in my stash for about 2 years....... I've preshrunk and pressed it and cut it out on Sunday...Of course I will post pics when I am done, hopefully today

The other is "technique sew-a-long" ....   this is a monthly challenge and should prove very interesting if nothing else...  In this, we challenge ourselves to try various seams and hopefully even perfect them by the end of the month...I really need help in this area...  I can say over & over again, Ive literally forgotten EVERYTHING... Some things are coming back to me faster than others, thankfully.

http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingDiscussions/topic/38387

I was getting so much online help from pages of this book and another 1 similar, I decided to purchase it...  Its a very good reference book for sewists of all stages...  I highly recommend it.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="240" caption="Singer New Sewing Essentials: Updated and Revised Edition (Paperback)"]Singer New Sewing Essentials: Updated and Revised Edition (Paperback)[/caption]

For this challenge, I won't make a garment for each technique but I will use scraps to practice most of them and maybe I will get pretty good at a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment